Tuesday 19 August 2008

Blankety Blank

Here I go again.
Picked my eldest son up at 07.00.
Arrived at Rockingham around 07.15.
"Looks good" says Russell.
"Sure does" says I.

Set up my umbrella first as it is raining and blowing very hard.
Setting up my rods and cast out.

Great here I go!
Baits were Rag, Squid, Mackeral and Sand Eel.
Cast again, again, again and so on.

Russell carrying his rig back to the rod.
Weed was blocking the top eye.

No bites and no fish for both of us. Ooh dear!

Russells rods about to take a paddle
Near the top of the tide the waves came over

the top of the the grass bank.


It soon swept past my brolly and started going for my tackle box.
A quick shuffle of the tackle box, bait and bits.
Then pick up the brolly?!!!!
After 15 years it finally had enough and broke.

Last cast and it had to happen!
Over run on the reel and oops a birds nest
and pop goes the rig.

Another wave heading to wards my fishing kit.

But still had a really good laugh.

No comments: